Thread: Stop Open File Security Warning on Windows XP

Stop Open File Security Warning on Windows XP

Whenever I open a file I am getting a file security warning popup on my screen. I want to disable that. I copied some documents and software from my office. On each of them when I try to run it I am getting the warning. I cannot find any options or settings that allow me to disable that completely. I am sure there is some way that can help me to fix the problem. I had already checked inside security center, and kept Windows Firewall as off. But still that warning appears.

Just right click on the file and then click on Properties. In that go to General TAb and then choose Unblock. Click on Ok. Now check back. You will not get any warning. The warning message is for some third party applications which Windows did not identify. It is possible to disable. You have to do the steps on each and every file and then it will be completely disabled. You will not find any popup on the screen.

I am also very annoyed with that. I test a number of different software and many are handwritten. I test them all. I had seen that whenever I try to open any software that warning appears on the screen. Here is a small article that has ample of information on what you are looking for. There are some work around for advance users.

The Open File - Security Warning dialog box is displayed when you try to silently install a hotfix or an update by using a Visual Basic script in Windows XP Service Pack 2