Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service -- Error 5

Windows Security

Old 06-09-2007

Cannot start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service -- Error 5

I had installed windows update for windows media player last night. Since than whenever i am trying to start Remote Procedure Call (RPC) i am getting an error message saying "Error 5: Access is Denied" error. I have tried booting in to safe mode and starting Remote Procedure Call but i am getting same error message there as well.

Old 25-10-2012

Re: Cannot start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service -- Error 5

I have checked out for the error and have come across below article:
"Could not start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service. Error 1058" error message when you manually start the Remote Procedure Call service
Just try out the steps mentioned in the article for dealing with the error and let me know if it helps.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Tags: ,