Thread: McAfee update: File SK_det.mcs is corrupt

McAfee update: File SK_det.mcs is corrupt

I am trying to run McAfee udpate. I am using this for some months and it looks to be working quiet. Early in the morning I clicked on updates. It started and then stopped on a error. The error was File SK_det.mcs is corrupt. Downloading failed. I had restarted my system and checked back, but again the same error. I am using Windows 2000 SP4. It was properly shutdown, and even Windows Updates are working. They just added some new things in the system. So does this is due to some malware in the system. I think the malware has messed with my antivirus which has caused this issue. How to fix this. Thanks.

Contact McAfee tech support for that if you are using any paid edition of that antivirus. The issue can be due to malware and sometime it can also be due to antivirus updates. The server is too busy to send updates and it stops in between. You can drop a mail to McAfee support and ask for help from them. They will guide you how to deal with the process. The other way to fix the issue is downloading the updates manually from the website and then running the updates. It also works the same way you do it through automatic update process.

The issue lies with McAfee updates. There is no malware in your system. There is a fix for that. You will need to run McAfee Agent 4.0 Patch 2 in your system. You can find that on web. The issue lies with some update configuration. You can wait for better updates or McAfee to fix the problem. Check the below link. This has proper information on the issue and you can try fixing the same by providing steps in that. Perform Windows Update also.

File SK_det.mcs is corrupt (when running an update to any repository)

I hope this would be only server issue. I had just newly installed this antivirus and got the first error on my screen. I am using McAfee on my other computer from long time and it works proper. I had checked the above link which talk about the patch setup. But on the entire article there is no link provided.