Thread: Windows Task Scheduler: Access Denied Error

Windows Task Scheduler: Access Denied Error

While the computer is in standby mode I want to schedule a task to run so that it will wake up and run the task. But the problem is that it is asking for a password and I havent used any password for same, and this is done with teh system administrator account by me which is only the sole users. When I click ok without inserting any text in the password fields then it will simply give me an error message that access is denied. Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue?

Re: Windows Task Scheduler: Access Denied Error

I think that you should not use the account that it is asking for, instead you will have to use your own account since there are no password for it.

Re: Windows Task Scheduler: Access Denied Error

I have the administrator rights and I am also using my own account and am the only single user of this computer. It will recognize the correct user account but still I need a workaround for this issue. Any ideas?

Can you tell me whether it is having a password set for waking up or like similar things like screensaver resume password or such?

If you are on Windows XP Pro then go to Start >> Administrative Tools >> 'Local Security Policy >> Security Settings >> Local Policies >> Security Options Accounts and then Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only. This is enabled by default, disable it.

If you are on Windows XP Home then go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa and Value name: limitblankpassworduse, Type: REG_DWORD, Data: 0 (disabled) 1 (enabled)