Thread: Svchost, DCOM, WMI Issues after Updates

Svchost, DCOM, WMI Issues after Updates

We are having a Windows 2003 Domain server at Office. Yesterday I ran an update and since them facing few problems, as mentioned in the title. After the update I noticed that Svchost.exe has an exception and stops and due to this many other services that runs with it has been stopped too.

Other than that, even WMI stops and is restarted around the same time and even I noticed few error messages under three DCOM errors (Event ID 10010) such as:

The server {8BC3F05E-D86B-11D0-A075-00C04FB68820} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
    The server {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
    The server {BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Is it just me or any of you guys running windows server noticed the same things?

RE: Svchost, DCOM, WMI Issues after Updates

You are not alone buddy, even I started getting many similar issues since update.

Were you able to fix it? If yes, how?

Re: Svchost, DCOM, WMI Issues after Updates

Well I don’t got any solution here but managed to fix it using few workarounds available on web. First of all I downloaded Windows Update Agent and removed existing installation. If you want you can download it from here http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...gent30-x86.exe

After removing the existing installations just re-install
    • Net Stop "Automatic Updates"
    • regsvr32 /u wuaueng.dll
    • %systemdrive%
    • CD %systemroot%
    • RD /Q /S SoftwareDistributio~
    • Ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistributio~
    • WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce /quiet /norestart

Once done, restart the system and everything will be fixed.

Is there anyway you can put this into terms to someone who doesn't know where you type in Net Stop "Automatic Updates"? I can follow directions if the directions were clear. I have this problem on my home computer that has Windows Vista 64 Ultimate. I can't seem to fix the problem and it is very discouraging at the moment.

I found in my events viewer 87 errors for just today. I rebooted and got the one error "" The server {8BC3F05E-D86B-11D0-A075-00C04FB68820} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. "" without doing anything else. This seems to be the main problem if I haven't gotten any other errors since rebooting. Once I start using my computer like normal is when I start getting other errors. I understand that getting more errors is probably because of this one error, but can't find a fix for this error anywhere on the Internet.

Downloading and installing the Windows Update Agent from the link you gave into my machine gave me an installation error stating that I was running a version of Windows that does not support this product. I assume this Agent is for Windows 7. I'm needing help in correcting this for my Windows Vista 64 Ultimate.

Does the trouble just take place, later than you apply the SBS 2003 SP1? Do you came across any trouble while logon the SBS server using that user accounts? Could you ensure to make certain that the user xxxxx\prolwaagent have the permission to retrieve to SBS server? Do you know which folder necessitate to be written by this third party software, it might be caused by the user account did not have the authorization to logon to that folder.