Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What does McAfee detection signature failure error stands for

Windows Security

Old 24-04-2007

What does McAfee detection signature failure error stands for

I need some help to deal with a weird error that I am getting on my system. I am using McAfee from few days. I am getting a error after update. I thought it was done and there will be no errors at all. I am getting a weird error saying that your computer is not fully protected. I had updated that and it still shows that updates are pending. I am not able to find any fix for this. Is anyone having the same issue. How to fix this thing.

Old 18-01-2009

It is broken I think. You will need to re-install the same back again. Also there can be virus or malware infection in your system which has caused McAfee updates to fail. This are common issues that are widely faced by many users. You can find the free download around web and run the setup. Before re-installing it is better recommended that you remove the old one properly from Add/Remove programs. Then get the updates and run them back. I a using the same antivirus and it is working quiet fine.
Old 19-01-2009

Try to run manual updates and then whether they work or not. The error reflects broken virus signature. If that is fixed the updates will work and there will not be any error at all. You can try removing and adding it, but if there is virus or malware in your system then this kind of errors will be still common. They will not go at all. You have to scan your system with some good antivirus in safe mode and then run fresh setup again. Try to switch your antivirus and then check back.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Tags: , ,