Thread: Unable to register dll

Unable to register dll

I am running Windows XP with service pack 2 on my computer without internet explorer 7. I have also made sure that there is no malware inside the system. When I am using the command Regsvr32 then I cannot register the dll and I am getting an error code 0x8007005 that is usually related to the rights issue. I have tried to register again with admin rights but still get the same error. Can anyone help me out in this case.

Re: Unable to register dll

Could you please tell us what dll files is it that you want to register? I think that the dll file that you are trying to use could be in use or running the processes with some applications and therefore you will first need to unregister them and see if that works. Actually, when you unregister a dll file then you can simply register them again to get it working.

I have tried to unregister the dll file that didnt work and the file is from Autodesk. After checking many discussions board I found out that I need to check the registry items for any kind of problem. After checking in registry editor I found out that the permissions were hosed on HKCR and after fixing them I simply restarted the computer and then was finally able to register the dll file. Now the application is running fine on my computer without any issues. Thanks for the help.

We are very glad to hear that you have solved your own problem. Hope that other people who are facing this problem can also learn from the solution that you have given and benefit from same.