Thread: How to change Windows server 2003 Domain User password?

How to change Windows server 2003 Domain User password?

I have Windows XP installed as a client to connect to Windows server 2003 domain. I have got Windows 98 machines as clients in same domain. I have set up domain on Windows 98 machines so at the time I login then it ask for domain id and password. The same thing I have not done so on Windows XP machines because it was taking too long to log on and since I have created too many users. I have now put all the computers on same Workgroup and the XP machines have shortcut to server's hard drive, so if I try to access files on the domain server then it asks for the password and then it gives me access. So can anyone tell me if there is any better way to do this? Thanks for any information.

Re: How to change Windows server 2003 Domain User password?

I think that the best way would be to replace the computers with ones that is running a supported and suitable workstation OS. And Windows 98 is not going to be a good corporate workstation platform, so you can go with the NT-based Operating System. You can then join the XP workstations to the domain and show the users how to login with their own accounts. For that if you have AD then you should not use Workgroup which is normally used in the Windows 98 computers.

RE: How to change Windows server 2003 Domain User password?

I think that you can use MyLogon which is specifically designed for creating many user profiles around the network and incase you want any domain user to be abloe to logon to any computer. Hope that this will help you out.

Re: How to change Windows server 2003 Domain User password?

Well, I guess that the fix that you have provided is not reasonable one in an AD environment but I was wondering that what do you know more about the company who makes the MyLogon, what features does it have?