Thread: How do I recreate secedit.sdb?

How do I recreate secedit.sdb?

I need some help here to recreate secedit.sdb. I am not able to work on the same. I need some help to re-registered the original sceregvl.inf file but yet not able to do that. I am using Windows 2000 here. There are some important values in secedit.sdb. This contains values related to my custom registry setting. And the values are set automatically everytime when the system restarts. I want to stop this. I need some advice on creating secedit.db so that I can remove those values and put back everything on default settings. Does it is possible to export the location security policy and then get rid of secedit.sdb and create a new one. Will that really help. Thanks.

I will recommend you to check some articles on microsoft technet. You would be able to get some right information there. Do not make any changes until you are not sure or else you have to do all settings from scratch. There might be some way. But there are no clear steps mentioned about it.

I am also curious about this thing. I want some way to work on it. I had tried to locate some information on Help and Support but nothing was found. Also on google there is very less information available on it. There might be some update that can allow us fix the issue.