Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

error 1314: A required privilege is not held by the client.

Windows Security

Old 01-03-2007

error 1314: A required privilege is not held by the client.

What mentioned in the title is the error message I am getting when running a program from a command line under Domain account. I run this program as a Service that accepts connection from client. It runs OK until I run it under my LocalSystem account but gives the following error if run on domain:

“Error 1314: A required privilege is not held by the client.”

Can anyone please help with this error? Is there any way I can all privileges as my localsystem to domain?

Old 01-03-2007

Re: error 1314: A required privilege is not held by the client.

The only way I can suggest you is to assign the particular user account to behave as the part of operating system in the user rights policy for that program or services. You can do this by going to Local Security Settings, Act as part of the operating system, Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment.
Old 20-05-2010

Re: error 1314: A required privilege is not held by the client.

I have the same problem to ,

I'm using with Exchange server and i want to update the time in one of our laptops ,
After i'm right down the following message :
net time /set \\dc3
the next message occurs :
"System Error 1314 has occurred
a required privilege is not held by the client"

i tried to follow the steps bellow , but i didn't succeed to understand the instruction ,
please explain me again what should i do to solve this problems ,
this is very urgent

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Tags: , ,