Thread: Vista - "Windows cannot connect to the System Event Notification Service"

Vista - "Windows cannot connect to the System Event Notification S

Just an hour ago I ran windows update and installed few important of them. The system restarted and later when It come back, I got the following error message just after I logged it:

“Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond”

As the error says, I tried access the system log but it wont allow me because the service is not running any more. Do you have any idea about this?

I have faced this problem long back ago on my HP computer running with Windows XP. After spending lot of hours on internet I came to know that we need to remove everything after which the problem started. But instead of doing this I restarted my computer, went to recovery console, clicked system restore and restored my system to latest restore point that was created just before the windows update. And my problem got fixed.

Re: Vista - "Windows cannot connect to the System Event Notification Service"

Sorry, but not updating Windows is not a long-term solution for anything. Poor answer. Find a better one.