Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Shares, Named Pipes, and Registry for Anonymous Remote Access

Windows Security

Old 23-02-2007

Shares, Named Pipes, and Registry for Anonymous Remote Access

There are virus in my system. I am having a single Windows 2003 DC configured on the network. I am monitoring the network activity and found that there are number of suspicious connection setup already. While in my system I had enabled file and printer sharing. But somehow there are many ports which are active. The system is also working slow. I need some help here to block all the connection which is not used. It will forbid the connection easily with other on the network.

Old 24-02-2007

You can prevent those all null connections. But for that you must first verify which application is consuming what ports. Because if any applications you are using and it is blocked then you might not be able to work with that. There are tons of things that you can try out. You can start disabling them one by one and see what are the affects. The behavior in GPO allows anonymous access due to some left settings.
Old 28-02-2007

Update your system and then check back again. In Windows 2003 it is necessary that you must verify proper patches are installed and this kind of issue will not appear. The only way to get rid of all those null activities is to go in GPO and then removing the checks and removing all its content. The entities will lie silent, means they will not operate.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Tags: , , , ,