Thread: Message while opening any application "The application failed to initialize properly(0XC0000142).Click on OK to terminate the application"

Message while opening any application "The application failed to initialize properly(0XC0000142).Click on OK to terminate the application"

Hi, I am running WINDOWS 2000 SERVER SP4 and facing few critical problems with the same since couple of weeks. So far I’ve tried various workouts but none of them helped yet. First is whenever I run any application, it works for few minutes and quits with an error message saying “the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142).Click on OK to terminate the application”

Secondly, whenever I try browsing any page including this forum on internet explorer, I need to refresh the page atleast 10 times to load it completely.

Do you guys have any idea what could be the cause of this issue and how can I get rid of this? Thanks in advance.

re: Message while opening any application "The application failed to initialize properly(0XC0000142).Click on OK to terminate the application"

This reply is long after the post, but as this thread is still found in searches I reply. In my case - no installation - error message stops immediately. Firewall sees the install page as a pop up, also effects Win auto update. Disable firewall allows install. Doggus

I have read your problem and I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by Performing System File Checker in your system. many times this problem takes place if Dllcache folder gets damaged or it becomes unusable. By running System File Checker tool you can solve this problem. try this solution and check whether it makes any difference or not?

To run System File Checker tool in your system you have to first open command prompt in your computer and after opening that you have to type sfc/scanonce and after typing that you have to press enter key. Now you have to restart your computer and then it will scan all the system files and resolve issue. If you still get same problem after trying this solution then let me know.

Re: Message while opening any application "The application failed to initialize properly(0XC0000142).Click on OK to terminate the application"

Sfc /scannow can help to fix some of the corrupt dll files because of which you are facing this issue. It is a serious error and mostly fix by re-installation of the entire operating system. Because of improper or corrupt system dlls, the issue appears where any application fails to launch properly. There are very rare fixes. You can try to running a Windows Repair by bootable disc. But do not forget to take databackup.

Re: Message while opening any application "The application failed to initialize properly(0XC0000142).Click on OK to terminate the application"

It is right. If you are lucky enough you can use sfc /scannow to fix the issue. But remember that it will ask for Windows bootable disc. Incase of any corrupt dll it will replace the file from disc. So the first thing is to check that you run this via Administrator account. This is a very slow process and might consume hours to finish but very effective.