Thread: Import certificate to "All users"

Import certificate to "All users"

If I am trying to import a certificate then it always ends up as Personal and because of that only the logged in user can benefit from it. I am looking for a solution where the certificate applies to the whole computer or lets say, I just want to know a way to import it once and have it available for all the users logging it. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

RE: Import certificate to "All users"

Could you let us know what is the purpose of this certificate? I think that it is not suggested to use the same certificate on multiple users as it will breakdown the purpose for multiple users that hold the private key. And in the same event the certificate also needs to be revoked, so all users would be affected with it, instead of just single user.

There is a step-by-step article that describes how to import a Web site certificate into the certificate store of the local computer and assign the certificate to the Web site. You can use one of the following methods to install a certificate in IIS 5.0:

1. Make an online request by using the IIS Web Server Certificate Wizard and install the certificate at the time of the request.
    2. Make an offline request by using the IIS Web Server Certificate Wizard and obtain and install the certificate at a later time.
    3. Request a certificate without using the IIS Web Server Certificate Wizard.

More information can be found here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310178