Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Exceeded Internet Timeout Virus?

Windows Security

Old 08-11-2006

Exceeded Internet Timeout Virus?

We are running Antigen 9.0 on a Exchange 2003 which is finding the below things:
Microsoft Antigen for Exchange found a file infected with a virus. The file is currently Removed.
File name: "CODE_.gif"
Virus name: "Exceeded Internet Timeout"

I am not able to find anything on the internet for what kind of virus is this? I am also seeing large amount of internet mail SMTP Connectors with postmaster@mydomain.com in the exchange queues that we are using and we dont have that kind of an account, so something here is fishy I think. We have Symantec antivirus and I have already scanned all the servers but all seems to be clean. Does anyone have idea about what kind of virus is this?

Old 12-12-2009

Try to follow the below steps and check if it is working for you or not:
  1. First of all try to uninstall Antigen completely from the server
  2. After that you need to manually delete the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Antigen for Exchange
  3. Now try to restart the server again
  4. After that you have to reinstall Antigen for Exchange server with Service Pack 2 atleast and also try to install the latest Hotfix Rollup 4 update for Antigen

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Tags: , ,