Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error

I am getting an error message saying "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close" at bootup. I was not getting any error as such before it started coming up all of a sudden. Is there any solution that i can try out myself for fixing this?? As far as i remember yesterday i had installed some recommended windows updates and had ran a through scan using eTrust corporate anti-virus without any infections. Don't know what went wrong with my system today, i think that it has got affected by some virus but i am not sure.

Generic Host Process For Win32 Service Error

I have Windows XP installed on my computer. After some time of my routine work, my screen froze. I rebooted my computer. But got the error: "Generic Host Process For Win32 Service Error". I keep on getting this error whenever I switch on the computer. Any ideas about this strange error message?

Re: How to fix Generic Host Error for Win32 Problem

Don't worry. Finally we have solution for Generic Host Error for Win32 Problem. Just follow this steps:-

1. Go to start > run. type regedit and press enter.

2. Now navigate to the following entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters
    In the right side you will see an entry named “TransportBindName”, delete the original value to give a blank value.

3. Once its done, now navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OLE
    In the right side, you will find a key named “EnableDCOM”, modify it from Y to N.

4. Now close the registry and restart the computer for changes.

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, and then type net stop wuauserv.
    2. On the desktop, double-click My Computer, and then delete the drive:\WuTemp folder.
    3. Delete the drive:\Windows\System32\Catroot2 folder.
    4. Open the drive:\Windows folder, and then rename the SoftwareDistribution folder as SoftwareDistributionOLD.
    5. Open the drive:\Windows\system32 folder, and then follow these steps:
    a. Rename the Wuweb.dll file as Wuweb.dll.old.
    b. Rename the Wuapi.dll file as Wuapi.dll.old.
    c. Rename the Wuauclt.exe file as Wuauclt.exe.old.
    d. Rename the Wuaucpl.cpl file as Wuaucpl.cpl.old.
    e. Rename the Wuaueng1.dll file as Wuaueng1.dll.old.
    f. Rename the Wuaueng.dll file as Wuaueng.dll.old.
    g. Rename the Wuauserv.dll file as Wuauserv.dll.old.
    h. Rename the Wucltui.dll file as Wucltui.dll.old.
    i. Rename the Wups2.dll file as Wups2.dll.old.
    j. Rename the Wups.dll file as Wups.dll.old.
    6. Restart the computer.

Generic Host Process Error in WinXP SP3

Hello everyone, here is a problem that occurred to me overnight a few minutes after the start of my session Windows XP. Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. This message is followed by a change Windows theme, normally my theme is Windows XP and it happens on Windows 98 or 95 not tell you. I am asking for your help because after spending + AD-aware, Spybot + + avast Secuser the problem persists, I have scoured many posts about this same problem but without success.

Re: Generic Host Process Error in WinXP SP3

I am having this same problem but after the error message Generic Host Process. I have no sound except the sound system (sound walk on msn too) and Windows Media Player no longer wants to play music (it can play videos but without sound) and it gives me this message error Windows Media Player can not play the file because the audio device problem. Maybe your computer does not have audio device, the latter is used by another program or it does not work correctly.

It appears as the three files are missing (wscsvc.dll, wzcdlg.dll and wzcsvc.dll) all these files are replaced whenever you upgrade from service pack 2 to service pack 3. So i will suggest you to restore your system to a date when it was not updated and then fiinally upgrade to the service pack 3 once again. Hopefully this should fix the issue.

For some time I have this error message at the opening of Windows:
    Generic Host Process for Win32 Services, which refers to the application: svchost_exe This message appears at the opening of winXP but looking closer I realized that the time corresponded to the closure of my machine. As I already said it is not there a virus of spyware (tested with several tools) If someone has an idea that would be great because I want to spend my machine out the window. In advance thank you to you, with my best regards.

The process svchost.exe (svchost signifier Service Host Process) is a process generic Windows 2000/XPserving as hosts for other processes whose operation is based on dynamic link libraries (DLLs). There are so many entries there svchost process using it. The utility tlist.exe provided on the CD-ROM for Windows 2000/XP can list the applications using this service through the following command:

tlist-s

The original svchost service has a security flaw it is imperative to correct by updating the system with the WindowsUpdate service. It is by no means a resident virus, a worm, a Trojan horse, a spyware or adware.

Solution for Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Problem in Broad Band connection

From last week i am suffering from this problem. Soon after the connection windows display the following error message:
    "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has
    encountered a problem and needs to close. ....
    To see what data this error report contains, click here."
    After clicking on click here an error screen is displayed. Does any one knows what this error is about and how I can solve this error? thank you in advance.

Re: Solution for Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Problem in Broad Band connection

While surfing on internet sometime all my activity doing on net goes to hault. At that time i can still see the connection Icon but I can not do surfing. And I get the error message as mentioned above. It report faulting netapi32.dll and svchost.exe. I try to disconnect the internet but internet icon still appearing. Please provide any solution to fix this error message.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Re: Solution for Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Problem in Broad Band connection

I think if you close port 445 then your problem will be solved.
    i] Go to start menu and then select run
    ii]in the text type regedit and click OK
    iii]A registry window will open
    iv]In the registry locate this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/NetBT/Parameters
    iv]In right side find TransportBindName
    v]Double click to that value and delete all default value.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I think the problem will still persist so you also need to close port 135. Because in such situation you need to close both the port 445 and 135. Following this instruction to close the port 135.
    1) By following the instruction above go to registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/Microsoft/OLE
    2) You will see value EnabledCOM.
    Set the value to N.
    3)Close the registry directory
    4)Shutdown and restart the computer
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I am facing this problem from long time and did not get any solution. I read your post and after applying that method i did not got any problem, have not got any single debugging error. can you tell me how the problem is solve by just closing the two port number. By the way thank you once again.

Getting redirected to other websites and generic host process for win32 error

I am using windows XP operating system and I am having certain problems with it. The problem I am having is that whenever I surf over the internet then I get redirected to some other sites. This all things happen randomly even if I don’t press any links. I also get a popup saying generic host process has encountered a problem . I also found that sometimes my processor spins much faster and slows down to normal. I don’t know why this is happening, so help me to tell me what I shall do in order to get back my normal PC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast