Thread: Is RtlGina2.dll a malware file

Is RtlGina2.dll a malware file

I am facing problem with a suspicious file in Windows XP. I found RtlGina2.dll file in my system. I cannot trace what application is using this file. I am sure this does not belong to Windows. I had seen some error in Event Viewer and in the description this file was listed. I am sure this is a malware. My system is on the server and there are other 60 computers. I think if this virus is spread it will reach all other systems also. My antivirus does not find this as threat.

There are some online options that can help you to find whether that file is a virus or not. You can submit the file to different online scanners. They will check and give you result. If that file is not detected as suspicious then you can simply leave it. There might be some kind of software or driver which is using that. It is not easy to check or find what applications uses it. Just keep your antivirus upto date and ensure proper scanning in regular time interval. Your system will remain safer.

It is not a virus. It is a file associated with Netgear WG111 USB adapter. You can assume that this is a kind of driver file. So there is nothing much to worry about that. If you are using Netgear usb adapter then it is installed by the driver setup. And still if you believe that as a threat then boot in safe mode and scan your system completely.