Thread: lsass.exe and samlib.dll error message

lsass.exe and samlib.dll error message

I am gettign some error messages that is written below:

"lsass.exe - Unable to locate component. This application has failed to start because SAMLIB.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

It seems to me that it is a decendant of the sasser worm and because of that I am not able to boot the computer properly. Is there any other ways to fix this problem other than repairing the system with the original Windows XP disc? Thanks for any information.

Re: lsass.exe and samlib.dll error message

You can try to repair the Windows XP by using its boot disc or can even try to upgrade if you want. But remember that it will still not remove the virus. Since the computer is not booting up then you can first try to repair and then when the computer boots up, then install an antivirus software in your pc and then scan for virus and remove it. Check suggestions given on repairing windows xp here - How to repair Windows XP

hi i have a dell inspirion 910 however i unable to load the windows OS on it, first thing it loads the logo of windows as normal but then i get an error saying

"SAMLIB.dll" error and when i click ok it just shows a blank screen.

i have tried to install the missing file using USB drive however it will not read it and also tried changing the boot up start from BIOS, however still get the same error message and i don't have a CD drive on the notebook.

please can you help?

cheers

dciaraolo

You can run a dll scan tool which will scan your system for dll files an replace the damaged one. For that first you will need to boot your system in safe mode. For this first boot in safe mode by pressing F8 in the start. And then download the file from internet. Now go in System32 folder of your windows and replace the file. Then boot in normal mode. Your system will start working. If this does not work then run a repair process from windows bootable disc.