Thread: Windows 2003 scheduled tasks

Windows 2003 scheduled tasks

I have got a Windows 2003 member server in a Windows 200 network. If the task scheduler will run a scheduled task then always once a while it will give a "could not start" message and when I check in the event log then it shows the following:

"The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed, therefore, the task did not run.The specific error is: 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again."

Can anyone please help me to fix this error message? Thanks

Re: Windows 2003 scheduled tasks

It seems to me that the account that is made lacks the user right like for example the logon as a batch job that can be done with the help of a Local Security Policy, for same go to Local Policies and then User Rights. After that you have to check the security logs for logon failure event which could give more specific information including logon type and enable auditing of privilege user for failure that should generate a failure event for lack of user right when the logon fails.

I dont think that it isnt a batch file issue but you can take a closer look at the account rights and auditing. After that you need to change the setting there to log all the failed logon attempts in hopes to get some more information if possible. This is a very straight forward approach, so there shouldnt be any problems.

Yeah, even I think that it shouldnt be a batch file issue. The error message that you are getting which is "the user has not been granted the requested logon type" seems to me that the account lacks a user right and I therefore think that it is often a logon as a batch file issue when it comes to the Scheduled Tasks. I believe that the security log will give you more information or such.