Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Force desktop icons using Group Policy?

Windows Security

Old 22-12-2005

Force desktop icons using Group Policy?

As my title says I want to get the new start menu as well as force few desktop icons to be on the desktop for help such as My Computer, My Documents, etc. for all my users on Domain. The only way I think it can be done is via Group Policy. I tried to find out the way but dint got any to do the same. The only thing I got un GPeditor is to disable them but there is nothing to force them on desktop as fixed icon. Can you guys help ?

Old 23-12-2005

Re: Force desktop icons using Group Policy?

You dint found any way to that because there is infact no way doing that using Group Policy. I have done this once long back ago using a Script. Just checkout DesktopStandard PolicyMaker. I think this will help you because it use to enhance your Group Policy Editor and Policymaker can manage links and files with an own client side extension.
Old 19-10-2011

Re: Force desktop icons using Group Policy?

Hi,

We came across this post after using Novell NAP we tried to use Group Policy but it didn't meet the requirements. If anyone else stumbles on this you might want to take a look at XIA Links

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Tags: , , , ,