Thread: HiPerfCooker_v1, ... WHAT is it?

HiPerfCooker_v1, ... WHAT is it?

Hi, am using Windows XP Home edition SP2. Yesterday while working I noticed some changes on my system hence went to see if there is anything wrong in the Computer Management/Event Viewer/Application and I found this over there:
    Found this WARNING...
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: WinMgmt
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 63
    Date: 12/2/2005
    Time: 3:47:03 PM
    User: USBA-EH4TXXXXXX\user
    Computer: USBA-EH4TXXXXXX

Description: A provider, HiPerfCooker_v1, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\WMI, to use the Local System account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests.

Can someone please tell me what is wrong?

Re: HiPerfCooker_v1, ... WHAT is it?

Can you just search for file named as ‘HiPerfCooker_v1’ and ‘HiPerfCooker_v1.rtf’ under My Documents? See if it is listed there.

For more help, see this:

Cooked Counter Provider http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...r_provider.asp

Re: HiPerfCooker_v1, ... WHAT is it?

Hey Amadeus, you don’t need to worry about it because it is not any kind of infection. If you want you can just run your complete system scan. Am sure it will not find anything malicious. According to the above provided URL, The Cooked Counter provider supplies performance data that is used for Performance Monitoring.