Thread: Windows Security Center have Virus protection Not Found

Windows Security Center have Virus protection Not Found

I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 on my pc. I have also installed Norton antivirus on my pc as well, but when checked in Windows Security Center then it says that Virus Protection not found? I have the latest updates installed on my computer and the definition updates of Norton are also up to date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Norton many times but still it wont work? Can anyone tell me how to turn on the viru protection again? Thanks.

re: Windows Security Center have Virus protection Not Found

Even I am facing same issue. I have recently installed Norton Antivirus and after that the Windows Security Center says that it is stopped and I dont know how to start it again? I also have all the latest updates installed on my computer. When I asked the Symantec technical experts then they said that the problem has something to do with the Windows Setting and therfore they tell me to ask the question to Microsoft. I hope that someone could be able to solve our problems.

I think that the Norton antivirus version that you are using is not compatible with the Windows Security Center and therefore you will have to check the status via the norton program itself. Check if it is running or not, if yes then you will see an icon in the quick launch area and when you will double click on it then it will give you the status on the antivirus software. If it is not working then probably you will have to use different antivirus software.

I will be making a call to microsoft in a week's time and see if they could be able to solve the issue that I am facing.

I think that you can try to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on your windows operating system. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. For example, some Windows functions may not work, or Windows may crash. The System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) scans for missing or corrupted system files and repairs them. More information here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833