Thread: Registry Changes in Security Center

Registry Changes in Security Center

This is windows Xp Sp2 protected with MacAfee and Zone Alarm Pro. Since last few days am facing some problem with this computer. Hence tried to troubleshoot and came through two registry keys that I doubt are not correct. Those are the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0
    And
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0
    What you guys think is it proper?

Hey even am in similar situation. After running Spybot on my system, I came through the following problems.

• Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0
    • RealDownloadExpress: Class ID (Registry key, nothing done) HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{FDF5CDE5-17A6-40B3-A544-A8527AE8B243}
    • RealDownloadExpress: Class ID (Registry key, nothing done) HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{56336BCB-3D8A-11d6-A00B-0050DA18DE71}
    • RealDownloadExpress: Root class (Registry key, nothing done) HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RealDownloadExpress.IE.1
    • RealDownloadExpress: Root class (Registry key, nothing done) HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RealDownloadExpress.IE
    • Windows Security Center.AntiVirusOverride: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0
    • Windows Security Center.FirewallDisableNotify: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0

Do you think my system is infected with any virus? Please check and let me know how can I get rid of these. Thank you.

Re: Registry Changes in Security Center

Fortunately I never have been through any of these problems but while searching the solution for you I came through Spybot Support forums and found 100s of such problems with users. Many of them are solved whereas many are still unsolved. You should checkout their forums to see if you get something related to your issues.

I have some working solutions for getting rid of this problems but its bit long. You can follow the same if you want. First of all if you guys have installed Norton on your system, simply uninstall it using Norton removal tool (you can find it on their office site). Once removed, download Spybot Search and Destroy as well as SuperAntiSpyware. Run the deep full malware scan on your computer.

Once done, reboot the system and follow these commands in Start > Run box:

%SystemRoot%\system32\net stop wuauserv
    %SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\wups2.dll
    %SystemRoot%\system32\net start wuauserv
    Keep hitting enter after every command. After doing the same download Windows Update agent and save it in your C drive’s root. You can download the latest version for same from here http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=91237. After doing this, again go to Start > RUN and type in these commands followed by Enter:

%SystemDrive%\windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe /WUFORCE
    Let me know if you still get any problem.

Re: Registry Changes in Security Center

Excellent. I always seem to come across the name Doug Knox when Im trying to get an answer.