Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

AXEL.DAV malware

Windows Security

Old 10-11-2004

AXEL.DAV malware

Today in the afternoon I saw some malicious code that was running on the Windows XP computer. I dont know how that happened but I found out that the registry was overwritten and the documents and settings folder was replaced. When I tried to access the documents and settings folder then I got an error message saying that access denied. Then I used some recovery software to get back the documents that were lost which were word and excel files mostly. But when checking the lost and deleted folders on the hard drive I found out that they were containing some file called AXEL.DAV. Is there anyone who can tell me whether this is a virus or a safe file.

Old 09-06-2008

You can download Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool which checks your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps to remove the infection if it is found. Microsoft will release an updated version of this tool on the second Tuesday of each month. To download it, click on this link.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Tags: , ,