Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to block security popup box in Windows Vista while opening a file

Windows Security

Old 22-03-2012

How to block security popup box in Windows Vista while opening a file

There is a very annoying issue I am facing in Windows. I am not able to figure out how to get rid of this. Every time I want to open a .url file using the customized Links menu on the taskbar (channel bar), I get a dialog box with a security warning message "Do you want to open this file" How do I disable this security warning dialog box from popping up? I am confident my Avast! virus definitions will detect and intercept any virus or spyware attached to any url before the file is opened, so I really don't need this feature, it is annoying. Thanks for any help you can provide as to Vista security settings.

Old 22-03-2012

Re: How to block security popup box in Windows Vista while opening a file

The first you open the Control Panel and then go to system and maintenance / management. Then you open the local security policies and turn left on Local Policies / Security Options. To not always have to enter the administrator password, it disables the User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode. If you like this when installed will not you warn her off User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for elevation.
Old 22-03-2012

Re: How to block security popup box in Windows Vista while opening a file

If it prevents you from completing an action, then that is one thing, but an extra click is really no big deal. People accept that the "delete" action takes an extra click and yet object when the more dangerous action to execute code is invoked. You are not alone, and many have decided to disable UAC because of the annoyance factor. Google results should show many places with 'how to' information.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Tags: , , , ,