Thread: How to get recovery key with the help of BEK file

How to get recovery key with the help of BEK file

I am working in a proposition where I have encompassed TPM facilitate laptops and I have comprised to save the recovery key in a protected network share. I have achieved this and at present the bek file is acquiring saved in the network share. Here my query is to facilitate how be able to I generate a recovery key utilizing the BEK file if the TPM determine to be lost. I do not have to save any information in AD.

Re: How to get recovery key with the help of BEK file

You be able to recovery keys (bek) files on a USB apparatus and utilize it to boot to Windows if BitLocker goes in a recovery mode. Additional than you not be able to utilize the bek file to recover recovery key. To copy the recovery key onto a USB drive and create the machine boot. It determine to not ask for the PIN and the apparatus will take the BEK file commencing from the USB and determine to load the OS. Then subsequent to you be able to reset the PIN for the TPM.

You have to create certain that you are viewing the hidden file and folders and then you be supposed to be capable to observe the .bek file Startup key and recovery key are dissimilar. If you facilitate the bitlocker through a startup key then eachtime you boot your apparatus, you will be persuade to give the startup key which is on a usb stick. This method is merely utilized for non-TPM based machines.

I am not able to observe the hidden .bek file even though I have comprised and checked the alternative of view hidden files. When I am doing physically by right hitting it off on the encrypted drive and choosing manage bitlocker, the drive acquires encrypted commencing from side to side the startup key in USB stick and the recovery key and password on a network share in the .txt format not .bek format additional than when doing through manage-bde command line, its extremely well through the startup key additional than not capable to observe the recovery key and password on network share even though its been generated there.

If I am utilizing the similar command line through the SCCM task sequence the task sequence failed by means of an error 80070002. I then ran the similar command by pressing F8 when I acquire the error at the same time as facilitating bitlocker step while OSD. There I had acquire the error too as there is a group policy contravene for the bitlocker start up through the error code as 8031005B.