Thread: Windows 7 updates twice automatically

Windows 7 updates twice automatically

It seems to me that my Windows 7 computer downloading Updates two times. I think there is some kind of malicious program that is disrupting Ms Updates. Once I can install several updates successfully and I know the version of those updates installed in my computer. However the intruder uninstalls the previous updates and replaces the current with different version. If I restart the system after update, it again tells me that Windows not updated. Strange issue?

Re: Windows 7 updates twice automatically

After Windows is installed and the Internet is established, can be checked if there are any (essential or optional) updates are missing. Checking and installing the updates, simply through the Control Panel, Windows Update component. By default, only the important (critical) updates are selected to be downloaded and installed.

Unwanted updates can be hidden so they will not be offered over and over again: right click on the update and select Hide update (Undo option is via the Restore hidden updates in the task pane). Some updates, it is necessary that the computer is restarted. In this case, a shield in the power button on the start menu is displayed stating that the updates are installed automatically on exit.

This can be useful to check for an update may be necessary for some software or a tip, or to uninstall an update that seems to cause problems.
    • Click Start and then Control Panel.
    • Click on the Programs category.
    • Click View installed updates.

The reference to an update is generally indicated by KB number in its name.
    To uninstall an update, click it and click the Uninstall button in the toolbar. Follow the instructions of the wizard and restart your computer when done.

Update Windows Update stores the files in the folder C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution. Given the large number of updates to this folder in the course of time quite excessive. Installed by the update files periodically remove space can be freed for other purposes. The SoftwareDistribution folder can be safely removed entirety; however, before that Windows Update service temporarily stopped.

Problems with the update feature of Windows are unfortunately not rare: so happens that updates are handled after a reboot. Yet again be offered, because a specific update was not successful. Many of these problems are easily solved by simply deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder. This will update the installation files and delete the update history, this provides no significant difficulties.

A version of update installs over an older version. If technically possible, although I frankly do not know for certain whether it is illegal to install an update on a formatted PC. Given the small price difference between an update and a full version, buy a full version.

It seems to me that the problem is with the updater only. Anyway I will try to do the reset of Windows updater by deleting the files and let’s see what I can get from that.