Thread: Unable to update AVG 2011

Unable to update AVG 2011

I am using AVG 2011 antivirus before some months. I have Windows XP and I also updated my computer and it was working very well. At this time I have installed Windows 7 on my computer and then AVG 2011 antivirus installed on it, but when I tried to download the update then it tells me that the update fails. This is very strange, because many of my friends who are using it and they are not getting issues like this, then why this is only happening to me. If you have any solutions that can help me please reply.

Re: Unable to update AVG 2011

I know sometimes like this kind of issue happens in the system so you just downgrade it and make use of the AVG 10. I am also making use of the same. And for me it is working very fine. If you also want to try that then just search for it on the internet and download the configuration file for that. Before you install that, you need to uninstall the existing file. After installing that, you can try to put the day and this will definitely solve the problem for you. Thanks.

I think like this issue is happening because of the licensed version. Are you making use of the trial version or what? That is why you are getting problems like this. If that's the case well then you can only get the license for this version and that will solve the problem for you. I have the AVG10 and I have license. I have used to update every 15 days and it is updated without any problems. So if you are not having the licensed version, then you have to get one and let him out of the question.

Do not know how they are updating the virus. To update the virus definition, then the best way is to just click the antivirus icon in the tray of your computer system. As you right click then it will be able to see several options and one option that is "Update now". Click that option and it automatically begins to update the antivirus definition. This is most common in full antivirus available, but make sure you have the proper Internet connection. I hope this time will be able to update without any problem.

I think the settings installed on your computer and you will require to uninstall and reinstall it once more this is one of the possible solutions and may also have a problem with the Os which you are recently making use of. You can do the repair on the system. Insert the Windows boot CD on your computer and start from there. When prompted for installation type then you should choose "Repair" as an option and press Enter. This will search all files and file repair if damaged. This is the best way if the problem is due to the damaged operating system.