Thread: Booting error "Verifying boot device: cannot find boot device , insert proper boot media and restarted"

Booting error "Verifying boot device: cannot find boot device , insert proper boot media and restarted"

i am having windows 7 home basic installed in my dell laptop (dell inspiron 15R), i tried to install ubuntu 10.4 by making the partition on my hard drive, after installing ubuntu when i restarted my machine and entered into linux it was working fine but after restating if i entered windows and then after i restart my machine then i am in big trouble....i am unable to boot....it shows following error " Verifying boot device: cannot find boot device , insert proper boot media and restarted" , i changed boot priority for hardisk as first from BIOS....but still, no solution. IT seems that control is not going to hard disk....so please help me out, i want to install linux with my windows...

Re: Booting error "Verifying boot device: cannot find boot device , insert proper boot media and restarted"

The first thing that i will advise you to check whether hard disk is properly connected or not. If it is proper then it might be possible that your Boot Partition got corrupted and you need to recreate the partition. Below are the given link for some of the post which is having description for installation of ubuntu and Windows 7.
    Installing Ubuntu and Windows 7 on seperate drives
    Booting Windows 7 After Installing Ubuntu 10.10

Re: Booting error "Verifying boot device: cannot find boot device , insert proper boot media and restarted"

I think my hard drive is perfect because as i have mentioned in my problem that if i go to windows and then restart machine ,i am unable to boot ,so again if i install ubuntu and then restart ,i can boot my windows but if once again if i come out of windows i have to repeat the same process......