Thread: Truecrypt hangs due to ESET NOD32.

Truecrypt hangs due to ESET NOD32.

I had some problem related to the ESET NOD32. I got the solution on site which was discussed and follow the instruction whatever site said. The problem was related to the Truecrypt, actually I was wanted to upgrade the ESET Nod32 to version 5.0.95 the problem was solved. Unfortunately the problem is back. I have already encrypted all the files in my computer for decrypt I use Truecrypt. Everything is working fine in my PC. One problem is that when I decrypt the file using the password. It gets freezes. After that only one option comes in mind i.e. shut down and reboot. This problem was due to the earlier version 5 of NOD32. After that I moved to the windows XP and ESET again freezes once again when I decrypt the file. I figured out that true crypt and ESET NOD got broken. Then after that I uninstalled the ESET NOD32 and truecrypt and then again re-installed. Once again it freezes. Can anyone tell me how can I solve this issue?

Re: Truecrypt hangs due to ESET NOD32.

Hi, here I would suggest you that kept the entire file in USB and then try to avoid the scanning of file and folder which are exist in your computer. I f you still not able to solve this issue I will recommend you that generate the complete memory dump at that point of if this issue occurs as per this instruction Here . I hope this will help you.

Yes, I am completely satisfied with your query. This may help you to solve this issue. If you still not able to solve this issue, so I would suggest you that Sysinspector. Sysinspetor is the product of the SET which available completely free. It will exam your system and along with that it will capture details such as running processes, registry content, startup items and network connection. ESET SysInspector is a convenient utility for the tool box of every IT expert. I hope this will help you to solve this issue.

Dude, I can give you only possible solution I don’t know whether it will work or not but you can try it. Perhaps it will help you to solve it. Here first make sure that your truecrypt container should not have file extension like (for example, .exe, .sys, or .dll). If it will exist, then windows and antivirus will interfere with container and that will result into performance of the volume. Second thing I just wanted to tell you that disable or uninstall the any application that might be interfering, I can say that antivirus software. If you still not able to solve this issue try to temporary disable the virus protection. I hope this will help you.

You guys are not alone on this. And I've contacted ESET several times about this. For me it has nothing to do with a USB device as I don't have one plugged in. Often when I try to mount an encrypted SATA drive in Truecrypt 7.1, the entire system freezes.

The latest Nod32 v5.0.95 has helped as I'm not having as many freezes, but it still happens from time to time.

See my other post.

I got frustrated after sending them email after email and they're not even trying to make an attempt to obtain information from me.
    I've been willing to help them. So I sent them this picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nod32v5-truecrypt_error-jpg  
    Last edited by Sooraj; 15-03-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: removed the link