Thread: Windows Defender & Security Essentials Issue

Windows Defender & Security Essentials Issue

I am using Windows Vista since a year. So far I was using the built-in Windows defender for security. But now as many people suggested me, I downloaded and installed Microsoft Security as well. On the next restart after installing when I checked I found that Windows Defender is disabled. I tried to enable it manually many times but it gets disabled automatically after few minutes.

Is it MSE that is disabling it? Or both of these softwares cannot run together? Is my computer still safe?

Yeah, I don’t think you need Windows Defender any more after installing Microsoft Security. The reason behind this is if you read the definition of MSE on wiki, they have mentioned that “MSE replaces Windows Live OneCare, a commercial subscription-based antivirus service and the free Windows Defender, which only protected users from adware and spyware.” So, MSE is much more advanced than all these softwares and provides protection from viruses, spyware, rootkits, and Trojans. So you don’t need to worry about your system, it is safe.

Re: Windows Defender & Security Essentials Issue

I have Vista and I used to have Windows Defender running until I recently installed Microsoft Security Essentials; I noticed that Windows Defender was no longer running because I tried to modify the stratup programs ( due to slow performance). Several times I tyed to reactivated it, but for some reason it is impossible ( error 0x800106ba). So ....Also I couldn't disable Win Defender ( it change from disable to automatic itself).

Question1: if Security Essentials disable/turn off Windows Defender...How can I change the startup programs?

Question2: Is that problem causing my computer running slow?
    or I have to uninstall MSE and buy other Antivirus? There is a program ( RegCure) to fix Win Defender problems...Do you know something about?