Thread: de-activate xp and office license so I can move to another computer

de-activate xp and office license so I can move to another computer

I am having a pretty old desktop running with genuine Windows XP and Office 2007. Yesterday I bought a brand new Dell laptop with Dos and want to install the same XP and Office suite that is running on my old desktop. So I guess first I need to de activate the product keys for both softwares on desktop so that I can activate them on this new PC, right?

I wanted to know whether this will happen automatically when I’ll uninstall it on desktop and install on laptop? If no, please tell me what is the process? Thank you.

re: de-activate xp and office license so I can move to another computer

There is no such process in windows to deactivate product keys. If you have the installation Cd along with its product keys, just install it on the new system and activate the keys over Phone. Yes, you will need to activate this window on phone by calling Microsoft. There is a condition. The Windows Copy you are using should be retail version and not the OEM because OEM products are not transferable.

Thanks a lot Bollea for the help and explanation. Fortunately my both products (XP and Office) are retail version.