Thread: RDP over VPN to Windows Server 2008

RDP over VPN to Windows Server 2008

There are around 11 workstations that are working on my network. Now due to some work there are some people who are shifted to some other places. We had configured NetGear VPN Router on the network. This allows the people to work on a vpn network wherever they are. So the settings are quite normal and there is no special stuff needed to be done. We had recently added a new Windows 2008 Server on the network. Due to some reason the server failed to respond properly. I can ping it but it does not allow me to connect through RDP.

It looks the servers firewall is not allowing to make connection. You must ensure the settings properly or it would be a kind of waste of time. You must check the security settings first and see whether it is disabled or not. You must allow all the systems to work properly and have secure access.

Any joy? I have almost the same issue... Our existing VPN server (win2k3) has been working fine for years for our remote access needs. I have recently added a win2k8 box, with firewall enabled and correct ports open, but cannot rdc / ping / see the machine over VPN. When networked in the office, all of the above work aok. I have also disabled the firewall on the win2k8 box, just in case, but still no access over VPN. Even if I VPN using network admin credentials, remote desktop to the domain controller / VPN server, I still cannot see the win2k8 server. When plugged into the office, everything works fine.I'm thinking maybe win2k8 security policy is in place, but will have to wait 'till tomorrow to take a look. Anyone else have any ideas?