Thread: security certificate errors

security certificate errors

I’m running windows Xp SP2 laptop at home. It has Internet Explorer 7 as my default email client. Since a month now, whenever I try to visit any website, download anything, even while access this page to post my query, I keep getting Certificate Errors.

Yesterday while I was trying to download payroll update for my QuickBooks pro 2008 software, I received an internet connection error message which suggests that the date on my system may be incorrect. I don’t know whether this is Windows XP problem, IE problem or my internet connection problem. Am too much frustrated of this now.

Hope someone can help me out getting rid of it. Thank you.

Re: security certificate errors

Many times the problem occurs also if your time is incorrect. Specially the year. So just click the clock in the right bottom of the screen and correct the time/year.

RE: security certificate errors

Not sure but any virus or malware can also create this problem hence you should first of all run deep scan of your computer with any good and updated Antivirus and see if there is any thing malicious. If its clean than to me, the problems seems completely related to Internet Explorer, hence you should try resetting it and see if it helps. You can get the steps about the same here in this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Apart from these, there are various troubleshooting steps provided my Microsoft itself. You should check them as well: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ificate-errors