Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Different between Authenticated Users and Everyone when all are accessed to share folder

Windows Security

Old 16-09-2008

Different between Authenticated Users and Everyone when all are accessed to share folder

I am bit confused between user configuration on Windows Server. On server when a resource is shared there are basically two types of users. The first which are authenticated through Domain Controller and the second where all users are allowed to access the share. I need some information on the different between both, authenticated users and those who are allowed to share files. If both of them have privileges then it does not look much difference among them. I am sure there will be certain difference between both type of users.

Old 20-09-2008

There is. Authenticated users can access by they are having a bit higher privileges compared to regular users. Guest group policy settings simply allows to access shared files but no modification is allowed. You can view a detailed guide on permission setup that can offer you a bit highlight on the configuration of guest group and other authenticated users.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Tags: , ,