Thread: Windows XP immediately reboots after login

Windows XP immediately reboots after login

I had some virus in my computer which was cleaned by some tech geek last week. But now I am without a antivirus on my system. There was something called Antivir08 which was appearing on my computer so I thought that it might be an antivirus software and therefore installed it but soon after that I found it that it was a malware. Soon after that computer will boot only in safe mode and if I try to boot it in normal mode then the pc will restart at the Windows Login Screen. So, after some search I installed Malawarebytes Anti-Malware and installed in the Safe Mode and then removed the Antivir08 but the problem with the restart continues. I am on Windows XP with Service pack 2 and if anyone can help me out then it would be great. Thanks

Re: Windows XP immediately reboots after login

Have you tried to create a new account in Safe mode and then tried to logon with the same account in normal mode, what does it give to you?

Re: Windows XP immediately reboots after login

Thanks for the suggestions, I have tried creating account in Safe Mode and then restarted the computer and then tried to login but the same issue of restart still persist. Is there any other solution?

Try to login in Safe mode and then try to follow the below steps to fix this issue:

1. First of all you have to go to Start, Run and type in "regedit" (without the quotes).
    2. After that you have to launch the Registry Editor.
    3. Now you will have to navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Intelppm
    4. After that look at the right hand side pane for an entry which will say Start, just right click on it and select Modify.
    5. After that, in the Value Data box, replace the 1 with a 4.
    6. After that click on ok and then exist the Registry Editor and then restart the computer and check if you can start the pc in normal mode again or not.