Thread: Windows Security Center does not detect anti-virus program

Windows Security Center does not detect anti-virus program

I had installed McAfee in my system. After installation I am getting a small notification on the desktop. I am using Windows XP. It shows me that there is no antivirus installed in my system. This is really irritating. I checked in Security Center and found there is no antivirus detected. Is this some kind of serious problem or Security Center just identifies Windows Defender. How can I fix this. Thanks.

I do not know there is a fix for that. When you install antivirus the security center shows your system is protected. Turn your firewall on and then see. Reboot your system a number of time and check back. Also see that your antivirus is updated. Once McAfee is installed there is nothing much to worry. You can ignore that warning. There are option to disable those notification if you want.

Try to run the Repair setup of McAfee. There might he some pending files which are causing the issue. You can run a McAfee setup back or simply go in Control Panel > Add/Remove Program. From there you can click on Change and then choose Repair. If that does not work then you can last try system restore. Or simply remove McAfee install it back again and update it.