Thread: XP Home SP2 OEM "Use Simple File Sharing" is not available

XP Home SP2 OEM "Use Simple File Sharing" is not available

I have done a fresh Windows XP with service pack 2 installation on a new hard drive but I am not able to find the option to Use Simple File Sharing under Folder Options which is in View and Advanced settings. I have checked that Simple File Sharing is enabled by default and that seems to be working but I wanted to turn it off and make full use of Permissions for a temporary. Is there any fix for this issue?

Re: XP Home SP2 OEM "Use Simple File Sharing" is not available

If you want to access the Security Tab for a folder on a computer that is running on Windows XP then you will have to boot the computer into Safe Mode and for that reboot the pc and start hitting the F8 key. When the menu comes up then use the up arrow key to select the safe mode option. Hope that helps.

Yes, you are right, by default, the Simple File Sharing UI is turned on in Windows XP Professional-based computers that are joined to a workgroup. Windows XP Professional-based computers that are joined to a domain use only the classic file sharing and security interface. When you use the Simple File Sharing UI (that is located in the folder's properties), both share and file permissions are configured. For more information go to this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304040/en-us

You can also check from some information on the below website where it shows a way to make the Security tab available on an Windows XP Home computer in normal mode. Check the below link so see the Security Tab in XP Home:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_home_sectab.htm