Thread: Cannot create the object because directory service was unable to allocate a relative identifier

Cannot create the object because directory service was unable to allocate a relative identifier

I am having Windows 2003 SP1 Domain Controllers and another one as Active Directory. The first domain is child of other one. Other than this there are hundreds of additional DC configured on the network. I am having Windows 2000 SP4 at a remote location. I am facing issue while creating a new object. The message on the screen is -- Cannot create the object because directory service was unable to allocate a relative identifier. There is no problem with the server.

Not sure about the errors, but there might be some solution for the same. I had faced a similar kind of problem just recently on a active DC. The issues was solved by adding a replication object. It is better if you try Google for more help on the error.

Try to run RID Manager test and see what you get. I received a KB article link that offers a more detailed information on the error. And the same would be really helpful in troubleshooting the problem that you are facing. The link below has some nice steps which can really fix your issue.

Error message: "Windows cannot create the object because the Directory Service was unable to allocate a relative identifier"

It is a failure of Active Directory. There can be some more things associated with the error. Just verify that there are no higher number of errors which are associated with DC points to this one. You will have to check properly the permission and other stuff that allow you to perform the action.