Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Window 2000 Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Account lock out frequently on Windows Server

Window 2000 Help

Old 11-02-2008

Account lock out frequently on Windows Server

One of my domain users account simply lock out everyday. I am not able to figure out the issue behind the same. The problem lies with single account only. What is the cause behind that. I had set all the accounts properly and there is no lock policy configured. I am bit confused about the same. How to find that and fix it.

Old 11-02-2008

The account get locked that simply means the account is getting disabled on its own. There might be some internal policies which are causing this issue. It is recommended that you must re-verify the account settings and then check the settings once. There might be some kind of timeout settings which are causing this issue.
Old 13-02-2008

I found some settings listed over technet which has method to enable and disable the account. I am sure there is certain policies which are causing the issue. It does not happen on its own. This issue occur if the user enter wrong login credential or simply the account is mapped for temporary period. Check the lockout limit also. Increase that to maximum and then see.

Disable or enable a user account
Old 14-02-2008

re: Account lock out frequently on Windows Server

It also happen if the account is used on more than one system. That means the user is trying to use different computer at a time and the drive is mapped. It looks like the configure map drive is not properly authenticated which occupies the lockout limit.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Window 2000 Help
Tags: , , ,