Thread: Remote Desktop Connection can recognize remote USB ports?

Remote Desktop Connection can recognize remote USB ports?

I cannot use remote desktop on Windows 2000. I had connected some devices. There is a printer and external hard drive which is connected to the system. Through Remote desktop I can run some print and check the data backup status. Now the problem is that I am not getting access at all. I need some help here to fix this problem. Thanks.

Can you explain the same in more detailed way. What error you are getting. First of all what I know is Remote Desktop does not really work well on Windows 2000. You need a XP system for that. There are some third party software available that you can try to test. Check your security settings if possible. There might be some changes which are blocked the access and cause this problem.

It is right that there is some issue with remote connection on Windows 2000. That is the reason I had upgraded my server and now it works fine. What OS does the system which you are trying to connect has. There might be some connectivity failure. Because it is not possible that suddenly this stop working. You must mention the error message always before asking question. This help you more in troubleshooting the issue.