Thread: Cannot unhide hidden folders in Windows 2000

Cannot unhide hidden folders in Windows 2000

Folder unhiding is not working in Windows 2000. I had hide some folder which has data in it. After making the changes to show hidden files those folders are not at all visible. I am using a tool called as FreeCommander. I can find the hidden folder in that. But I am not able to make it permanently visible. Is there a option available that can allow me to unhide those files. Thanks.

You can also access the same just by typing the complete path in Windows Explorer. I always access my hidden files through that process. There can be some issue with file properties due to which those folders are still hidden. You can try to unhide the same in Safe Mode. If that is not working then just remember the location and type the full url in Explorer. You will be able to access the files.

It is some kind of bug in Windows. I am also trying to do the same, but it not working. I am not able to find any working solution on it. But when I boot my system with a usb drive which has bootable linux OS I can see all the files. There are some set of folders which were hidden and I do not want anyone to access it. Windows is really annoying with such silly things.