Thread: How to enable Time Limit on Users Accounts on Shared resources

How to enable Time Limit on Users Accounts on Shared resources

I am thinking that there would be some kind of free utility which is available in Windows 2000 or XP. I need some help to find a utility that can allow me to modify some users permission on time basis. Like a user must be allowed to shared resources for prescribed time only and then he must be forced to log off. I am not able to locate any similar application that can do this. I am having a Windows 2000 server and some of the clients are working on Windows XP. I know a bit about Shared Computer Toolkit, but quiet not sure how to use it properly.

Did you checked all the options where were available in the shared toolkit. I think you must try that once and then go for any other third party tool. I am not aware about any tool, but there are some freeware programs available that might allow you to have control over all stuff in the server. Like over the net usage, email, messenger, etc.

I heard this for the first time. I do not think there is any option available in Windows server that can allow you time based sharing. It is a bit complicated I think. And for other third party software it is not possible. You can get a tool that can regulate a set of users and permission. But cannot modify the permission automatically. For that you will need to write certain scripts and add them in schedule task. So that they can be executed on their at prescribed time and make changes to the system.