Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Window 2000 Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to use pskill or kill ... to kill a process with a name like "Hello There"

Window 2000 Help

Old 20-03-2007

How to use pskill or kill ... to kill a process with a name like "Hello There"

I need some help to kill a process. I had created a program. I can see it task manager. I think it is associated with svhost.exe. I am trying to use pskill to get rid of it, but there is some issue with that. I cannot completely terminate the same. I do not want to kill it with taskid as it can affect other running programs also. I am not sure that pskill has any extra options. Does anyone can help me on this. I am looking for a basic option to get rid of a custom program. Thanks.

Old 27-03-2007

Did you checked that with process name. Try to kill the same using process name and then try back. As you had used pskill that means there is no process name for that program. Also there is another option you can try. You can go with process number. You can locate the same in tlist.exe. It will offer you the process number and through that you can get rid of that program.
Old 27-10-2009

But , how to kill a process in windows 2000 professinal using cmd or a batch file can anyone help ??

its not working

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Window 2000 Help
Tags: , ,