Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Window 2000 Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to resize partition on Windows 2000 Server

Window 2000 Help

Old 08-03-2007

How to resize partition on Windows 2000 Server

I need some help to resize a partition in Windows 2000 Server. I had added a new hard drive in my computer. It want to increase the storage so I added a new hard drive. The drive has a single ntfs partition. I am not able to resize the same. I need some help to work on the same. I am sure that there is third party utility that can do this. But I need some stable tool for the same.

Old 01-09-2008

There are many software that can do that. For example partition magic. Also there are number of different dos base utility which offer you the same kind of work. You must first backup your data before going for the resizing work. There are some dos base utility also that can offer you a basic partition job.
Old 16-11-2010

Do not go with paid services. There are many free software which are available. You can try any of them. I had seen some freeware DOS utility that helps you to format or resize the partition as per your need. It seems that there is no good free tool to resize Server partitions, see another similar post How to extend C drive on Windows 2003 Server
Old 16-11-2010

re: How to resize partition on Windows 2000 Server

i installed partition wizard in my HP laptop to make partition of my hard disk. after installation my microsoft office, kaspersky antivirus, adobe reader etc stopped working. I see this message "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application.

please can anyone help me to find out the solution for the above problem.
Old 17-11-2010

re: How to resize partition on Windows 2000 Server

You may receive an error message when you try to run an application under a user account that is not a member of the Administrators group or of the Power Users group after you install Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 6.

To resolve this issue, grant the Read & Execute permission to the Users group for each affected system file. To do this, follow these steps:
  1. In Microsoft Windows Explorer, locate the affected system file.
  2. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.
  3. Click the Security tab, and then click the Users group under Group or user names.
  4. Under Permissions for Users, click to select the Allow check box for the Read & Execute permission.
  5. Click Apply, and then click OK.

To know more about the issue click here.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Window 2000 Help
Tags: , , ,