Thread: Please insert disk into drive error

Please insert disk into drive error

Its been many years am using Windows 2000 SP4 without any problems. I have also not done any hardware or software changes in this PC since last 2 months. But don’t know why since last week whenever I start my computer and reach the desktop, I suddenly get an error message saying:

“PQV2iSvc.exe – NoDisk
    There is no disk in the drive.Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR4”

As far as PQV2iSvc.exe is concerned it is PowerQuest Drive Image 7.0 that is installed on my computer since last 6 months but never had any problem with the same. My system is regularly scanned with AVG, AdAware and Spybot. I can say that my system is virus free. Than what could be the cause of this error ?

Thank in advance for your helps.

Re: Please insert disk into drive error

I guess PQV2iSvc is in the list of startup programs, when you start the computer it tries to get load as well and when it don’t get any drive/media in the dive, it gives you the above mentioned error. Will suggest you to remove the same from Startup list. You can do this by going to

• Start > RUN > Type ‘msconfig’ > Press Enter.
    • Go to Start Up Tab.
    • Uncheck the PowerQuest Drive Image.
    • Press OK and Exit.

I haven’t faced this problem hence don’t have personal ideas but as I read on various websites, their suggestion is to trawl the Registry and remove all references to the drive letter your Memory card is assigned. Along with this, I also found a Microsoft Article regarding the same error. You should checkout the same here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330137

Your PC does not have enough processing memory to run this software that is the reason your memory stick corrects the process. if you still want to keep the software but do not want its drivers running while your working A)ctrl, alt, Delete>Processes tab> find the item>right click>end process> select ok at warning this will not harm your computer as long as you end the correct one.

or.. B)buy aftermarket memory chip intall on mother board. turn off computer>pop open unit(box) there should be a place at the back of the circutry with 4 card slots the first one has your original RAM in it usually only 256 MB>add the aftermarket chip to next slot> close box

C) while running program that requires this much memory shut down all other process to allow more room to run it, doing this means that every thing will have to be stored somewhere outside of your CPU like a junk drive, or extral HD. just to be sure you dont Use your space

Please insert disk into drive error

Since I installed USB Safely Remove, my computer will detect my SD Card Reader, but when I try to explore it I get a message that says "Please insert a disk into Drive E". I tried uninstalling the driver, but when Windows reinstalls them I still get the same error. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by georrgyutss View Post
    Since I installed USB Safely Remove, my computer will detect my SD Card Reader, but when I try to explore it I get a message that says "Please insert a disk into Drive E". I tried uninstalling the driver, but when Windows reinstalls them I still get the same error. Help?
    It seems to me that the Sd card is going bad. How old is it by the way and have you checked if it is working properly on other computer when you try to connect it. The last option that you can do is to use "Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool". HDDGURU > Software > HDDGURU-Low-Level-Format-Tool > LLFsetup.2.36.1181.exe. Download it from here.