Thread: Error installing MDAC 2.8: "Advanced INF Installer. INF Install Failure. Reason: Access is Denied."

Error installing MDAC 2.8: "Advanced INF Installer. INF Install Failure. Reason: Access is Denied."

I am trying to perform MDAC 2.8 upgrade. But I am getting error in the process. The error is about some MDAC Response file. The installation simply failed at inf failure. The reason mentioned behind that states about access denied. I am doing the same in Admin account. I am still confused why it is giving access denied message on the screen. I had verified the documentation and tried to perform various troubleshooting steps also. But still nothing worked.

Try to do that in safe mode. It looks some files in the back end is causing the issue. Is there any security application installed in your system. Try to disable the same till you are performing setup. Also try to get rid of some files and then try the setup back. The files are dasetup, wdsetup, mdac, sql, rspfiles & bidintrx. This are located in C:\WINNT\INF and then run the setup back. If all stuff does not work then I had provided a link below which has troubleshooting steps on dealing with issues.

Troubleshooting guide for MDAC setup issues

Re: Error installing MDAC 2.8: "Advanced INF Installer. INF Install Failure. Reason: Access is Denied."

I am too having the same kind of issue. The setup is asking for admin credential, while I am logged in as admin. I check the log and there are series of access denied error in them. I found some files and check the properties which says that they are mostly a kind of read only files. I hope there will be some ways to fix the issue.

Cheers
    James