Thread: What is Reset account in Windows 2000

What is Reset account in Windows 2000

Can anyone tell me what is Reset Account in Windows Server. I am stuck on this. I am working on Windows Server is configuring Active Directory. I am stuck on reset account. What does this thing actually does. Can I use this from some work. I am going to add more than 100 users to the active directory now.

Reset account helps you to reset the system password. They change on the basis of prescribed time duration. You can configure this on a time period and the account will be reset. This helps those accounts which are no longer in use. You can get a different password and they are unaccessible by others. There is nothing special about this. It also helps you to avoid duplicate account in some way.

I think it avoid user access those who try to reset the account. It blocks password changes on the client side. I think it is a bit helpful. There is no complete detail available on the same. This also can be related to some kind of security feature in Active Directory.

It is related to security. I think you must leave it. If you do not require to make any major changes in your system. The utility might help you to reset the system password or manage other accounts in better way. GPO on the same hand provides you a very limited access in making changes to accounts. If I am not wrong you are taking about Reset Account in Active Directory. There is one option which allow you to reset user password. You can change the current one and a new to it. I am not sure about periodic changes.