Thread: How to find account lockout source in Windows Server

How to find account lockout source in Windows Server

Some of the accounts in my system are getting locked. I cannot find the reason behind that. Each time a new user complains about the issue. It has happen before. But that was done manually. Rightnow I am dealing with a lockout problem. There is on schedule task, nor any service is configured. I am going through a troubleshooting process but yet not successful in getting proper answer behind this. Can anyone has idea on this behavior. Thanks.

This is a bit weird problem in Windows Server. It looks like my all account are set for 30 days expire time. Maximum account are locked after the said period. I am trying to check in logs but cannot notice anything. I tried a different number of methods but none of them worked out. I am sure there would be some working solution which will be helpful.

There would be some kind of relative information which is mentioned in the logs. I am sure that you can troubleshoot that much easily. Go in DHCP Address Reservation and then click on Advance tab. Then go in credential button and click on the account which is getting locked. You must verify the logs properly and you will be able to get the right information on what you are looking for.

re: How to find account lockout source in Windows Server

Do you realize that what you have mentioned....Literally no one, no-one on the darn internet, I'm talking technet, petri, every site out there and no one had this as a solution. I know because I have been putting up with this for over a year. This was caused by following Microsoft's Best Practices and changing the default Admin name. After this was done I would get THOUSANDS of 672 Errors a day. I didn't just put it back because we had an admin leave and I had to change the password anyway, which as I tested, also caused this error apart from the name change. Long story short, I just set aside another 8straight hours today to again tackle this issue and this was the last article I came across...

Much Thanks!

re: How to find account lockout source in Windows Server

After we changed a user account I had the same problem as well. Seeing the failure comming from 127.0.0.1 was a real puzzler. Thanks for posting you question AND solution!
    Last edited by Pacerfan9; 02-09-2009 at 08:39 PM.