Thread: Installation Failure Error Code 0x8007054F when trying to install Update Rollup 1

Installation Failure Error Code 0x8007054F when trying to install Update Rollup 1

I have been unable to install the Update Rollup 1 for Win2KPro Service Pack 4 (KB891861). I can download it, but then get the Error Code: 0x8007054F. Suddenly a couple of days ago, my PC would generate an error message when I tried to open an mp3 file using Winamp (the only mp3 player I use). It had been working fine up until a couple of days ago. However, Windows Media Player is able to play the mp3 file. Also, the same thing happens when I try to play a video file using Windows Media Player. I've tried to boot from my Win2KPro disk to repair the OS install, but that stops when I get the message that no hard drives have been detected! I am running a RAID 0+1, could that be the cause of the drives not being found? Anyway, I really need to get this issue fixed, does anyone here have suggestions?
    System Specs:
    • Intel 3.2 ghz proc
    • 1 gig RAM
    • 3x 200 gig HD
    • 1x 160 gig HD
    • Radeon 7000 graphics
    • Creative z(?) soundcard

Try to run the setup back from safe mode. This might help you to deal with the error. I am quiet sure about the same. There might be some issue with internal components. Are you able to get the right download edition in your system. Because if the driver edition is outdated or if there is problem with version then you cannot do much with that. You must use Windows 2000 drivers also. It looks the error that you are receiving is due to incompatible files.

Re: Installation Failure Error Code 0x8007054F when trying to install Update Rollup 1

Thanks very much, Dave. I'll try those right now. Should I install those 3 patches before I reboot in Safe Mode, or should I reboot in Safe Mode and install them at that point. Also, do you have any ideas as to why I get the message, "The instruction at "0x00daaf9b" referenced memory at "0x000000c9". The memory could not be "written." Click OK to cancel, Click Cancel to debug." when I double click, or right click on an mp3 file? I use Winamp for audio files. The same thing happens when I double or right click on a video file to open in Windows Media PLayer. When I click OK, Explorer closes. But I can open Winamp and, from there, open an mp3 and it plays. I've gone through the steps to repair my Win2KPro OS via booting from the CD, installing the SATA drivers via my mobo's floppy, but still no fix. All of this started just a couple of days ago. On top of all of this, when my system finishes booting up, it opens the system32 folder automatically. What would cause that. Thanks again.

Re: Installation Failure Error Code 0x8007054F when trying to install Update Rollup 1

There are some patches that you must run before adding new updates. I had faced this issue when the installation failed. Later on I found that the problem lies with internal raid drivers. I skipped the update. There is no relative patch available that can help me to work with the same. In Safe mode minimum drivers and applications are working so there you do not require to worry much.

Well, I seem to be running out of options. I was finally able to install the Rollup1 for Windows 200 SP4 by downloading it and then installing it while in Safe Mode. But I'm still getting the same error messages when double clicking on, or right clicking on an mp3 file or video file. Even when I go to a website that has Windows Media Player embedded in it to play, say, streaming radio, I get "Explorer has caused an error and will be shut down." I followed the steps you gave below (Logon as new user, clean boot, etc..) but still same problem! And the System32 folder also opens automatically even though I checked those 2 registry sections for incomplete values. Is there something else I can try? Oh, I sent an email about the problem installing the Rollup to Microsoft via thier Update section of the website and received a reply this morning. Their support must be in China because the tech's name is Wendy Zhou and her Manager's name is Joe Shi. I sent a reply to her but it was returned as undeliverable because the redirect email address they have is xxxx@wicrosoft, not microsoft! Unbelievable.

I will advice you to start from scratch again. Begin with fresh installation. It will not be worth to follow such simple solutions. Because in future if you add some new drivers or applications then the system will crash again. You would be able to do nothing in that. Clean installation will wipe out the old setting and provide you proper way to deal with fresh setup.